Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chambliss Wins In Georgia--NUTS!

Okay, I'll admit it. I was really looking forward to the Republicans not being able to stop the Democrat juggernaut. Don't get me wrong--I'm as conservative as they come and I even vote Republican (but not as much as I did during the 80's).

But with Saxby Chambliss (R) winning in Georgia the Democrats no longer have a "super majority" in the Senate. That means that they will be able to pin any policy failures on the Republicans even it is blame for the Republicans not stopping the measure from advancing. I'd have much rather the Republicans be in the position of being powerless to stop anything and also blameless. They might still find themselves powerless as solid RINOs like Snowe, Collins, Hagel and others will probably vote with the Dems most of the time.

But for now, we can look for the Dems to blame the Republicans for every failure and laud themselves for every success.

No comments: