Monday, July 14, 2008

It's Slinger Nationals Time!!!

This will my first time attending the Slinger Nationals. In the past I've never been able to go because of either work, work, or sometimes even work. Well, now that I'm a Motor Racing Outreach chaplain at Slinger Speedway I MUST be there and be there I will be. This is going to be one incredible night of racing. Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch will be there as well as just about every conceivable big name in Wisconsin stock car racing: Kelly Bires, Scott and Chris Wimmer, Richie Bickle, and I'm sure many more will be there. I wouldn't be surprised if Dick Trickle showed up as well. He was one of the progenitors of the Nationals.

Last night at the regular Sunday night program Dick Bergen of Speedway Illustrated and Fox Sports coverage of NASCAR Cup series racing was at the track as was Gilbert Brown, ex-Green Bay Packer and one of the partners in the Milwaukee Mile.

No comments: